Saturday, November 30, 2013

First Successful Thanksgiving and Family Things

Thanksgiving
We finally had what you would call a successful Thanksgiving this year. It was far from what you see in magazines and whatnot, but there was no fighting, not very many verbal slams, and at the end of the day, when everything was done, it actually turned out pretty good.

Dinner started around 7:30 am and I was thankful to have Ron and Charlie in the kitchen to help me get everything going without making a complete mess. By 10:30, everything was working and it was time to rest for a bit. Did all the final preparations and had dinner on the table only 30 minutes late or so at 2:30ish. All in all, it went well.

After dinner and most people went home, we made a fire and sat out in the back to rest, have a beer and good conversation. I even got everything to make s'mores and we sat there passing around the graham crackers and marshmallows since we each got our own chocolate bar...yummy.

I have been doing a lot of reflecting since Thanksgiving. What am I thankful for? I am thankful for my friends and family, both blood and chosen. I am thankful that I have a roof over my head and food on my table, something not everyone is able to have, even people I know well. I am thankful to all the comforts of my life. But most of all, I am thankful I was able to mend a friendship with my exhusband, build a relationship with my fiance, and get a little closer to my daughter over the past year.

So that is about all I have for today. Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...