Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Something A Little More Positive

Today was good...felt good to do a little venting last night. I was even joking with my coworkers about their spouses and family members and we all drive each other nuts. Really reminds you that you are not alone.

Got a lot accomplished...and not a whole lot. Was one of those unproductive productive days...I'm sure you know exactly what I am talking about. Anyways...that was today.

I have been thinking a lot about my relationship with my daughter. We have our ups and downs, but in the end, we stick together. I have always wanted to have her grow up much different than I did. I always wanted to make sure she was happy and let her enjoy being a child. That comes with a price though...try to get her to do the dishes and wow...what a fight. Speaking of which, I need to ask her to finish the dishes really quick...

Okay, well that wasn't too bad. Anyways...Gilmore Girls got released on Netflix the other day, and even though I own every season on DVD (Yes I do) I have been rewatching them with my family Netflix since it is just easier. I started over with my best friend and daughter, and finally catching up where we left off with the S.O. Watching the show reminds me of what I want (well not Season 6 and 7 too much) for my relationship with my daughter.

Is Rory and Lorelei too close? Are there not enough boundaries? Can you not be a mom and a best friend to your daughter? I think their relationship is almost perfect (again, not Season 6 and 7 too much). I listen to friends and acquaintances talk about their pre-teen kids and how they don't want anything to do with their parents. Really??? Are you kidding me??? No matter how many times we fight or disagree on something, I get a hug and a kiss every morning before I go to work and get the "I Love You" all the time, I don't even have to ask for them.

We have "girl" days and we have our hang out time. Don't get me wrong, shopping is still a chore, but that is more for the fact that she doesn't really care for shopping and only goes cause she has to or she would have nothing to wear. All in all, I think we have a pretty awesome relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...