Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Starting Out and Learning To Love Yourself

Ever look in the mirror and not recognize the person staring back at you? Or maybe you know that person, but just don't like them very much. I am right there at this point in my life.

I don't like how I am with my family. I am overweight and feel tired all the time. I am depressed and my job makes me even more depressed. Most mornings I don't want to even get out of bed. This is starting to really suck!

I see inspirational quotes and videos online day after day and just cry. I want to be happy, but can't figure out how to move out of this depression and get there. How do I look at myself in the mirror and love what is staring back at me? How do I find love for myself?

Its not that I am a weak person. I am actually quite strong emotionally. I am typically the backbone to those around me; leaning on me for support. However, I have found that I am at my breaking point. I want to just crawl under a rock and stay there, hiding from the world around me. I need to work on getting past this and find the love I had for myself at one point. I need to get back to that place in my head where the world around me isn't crashing down, where I can stand tall once more.

That is the basis of this blog. As a marketer who reads day in and day out to just be honest and connect with your audience, be transparent, be genuine and people will connect with you, maybe I can find others to connect with that feel the same way I do and we can all journey to find love for ourselves.

Sometimes the best support and advice you will ever receive is from someone you don't even know. So this is my starting point. Let's see what happens next. Talk to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...